top of page


Forms, Trade Tools and Guidelines

  • Customs Forms - Canada & U.S.
    We’ve collected the most commonly used forms for U.S. and Canadian customs to simplify the process of clearing your shipments. Download the forms you need, fill them out and get in touch, then we’ll take it from there. CANADIAN CUSTOMS FORMS: CI1 Canada Customs Invoice (fillable) USMCA/CUSMA B240 E Canada-Chile Certificate of Origin B239 E Canada-Israel Certificate of Origin B13 Export Declaration (fillable) All other Canada Customs forms U.S. CUSTOMS FORMS: U.S. Customs Clearance Proforma Invoice USMCA/CUSMA FDA 2877 Radiation Control (fillable) FCC 740 Radio Frequency Devices Textile Declaration
  • Trade Tools
    These links have all of the necessary information you need to efficiently ship goods between Canada and the U.S.A. Questions about any of them? Give us a call. CUSTOMS LINKS: Canada Border Services Agency AMPS U.S. Customs and Border Protection OTHER LINKS: Canadian Food Inspection Agency U.S. Food and Drug Administration Department of Foreign Affairs RIV – Registrar of Imported Vehicles
  • Guidelines
    This is the process to follow when Importing or Exporting goods from Canada and the U.S.A with Hemisphere: Always indicate that “Hemisphere Freight & Brokerage”, is your broker, and to forward all documentation for clearance to them (please include phone & fax numbers). This will avoid any unnecessary delays. Show the correct values, currency of sale, description, and countries of origin. This will prevent incorrect duties being charged. Ensure all necessary documentation is available and legible. Copies should be held by you, your transportation company, and your Hemisphere representative. When your goods originate in Canada, U.S.A. or Mexico, have a valid USMCA/CUSMA certificate of origin completed, and on file. In the fields listing importer, and exporter names, make sure the tax number field is complete. (i.e. G.S.T. number for Canadian companies, I.R.S. number for U.S.) When shipping by ground transportation, use a carrier who is “PARS” capable (Pre-Arrival Release System) for shipments to Canada, or “PAPS” (Pre-Arrival Processing System) for shipments to the U.S. As a Canadian importer, you are required to keep records of your imports, whether hard copy, or digital for a period of six years. This will save you any hassles, should Customs decide to audit your company. If you are requesting quotes on air-freight, please ensure that you state the quantity of your shipment, as well as weights, and dimensions. Be sure to include the exact address of pick up and delivery. Import or export licenses may be required on certain shipments of alcohol, firearms, textiles, tobacco etc. Please contact us with specific enquiries. Any shipments of foodstuffs, cosmetics, or electronics goods require FDA (Food & Drug Administration) approval when being shipped to the U.S.
Black woman taking phone call - hemisphere

We’re waiting for your call.

Our licensed customs brokers are standing by 24/7 to answer your import/export questions.
bottom of page